The Yoga Vista Academy is our Yoga Education Partner for Specialty Yoga Certifications. This Online Chair and Senior Yoga Training and Certification Program was created to meet the growing demand for Yoga Teachers and Health care professionals who have the passion to teach to Seniors and people with physical limitations.
This Program is based on the award-winning, government-sponsored Senior Chair Yoga Program that is being taught at Yoga Studios, Assisted Living Centers, Community Centers, Hospitals and local libraries since 2007. Our course incorporates the body of work from lead teacher, Sherry Zak Morris, C-IAYT, Co-Founder and Director of the Yoga Vista Academy, along with a team of Gentle, Senior and Chair Yoga Teachers who share their passion for Seniors and people with physical limitations. You will see us all on video teaching live classes where we put our teachings and philosophies to practice! Join us!
Pre-Requisite: Available to Yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, senior fitness instructors and/or anyone interested in offering safe and effective movements and exercises for Seniors and the 50+ Demographic.
- 60 hours of advanced Online Senior and Chair Yoga Training.
- Includes in depth Anatomy of Aging module for common conditions, issues and injuries with movement guidelines and Yoga modifications.
- Reference material in chapter-format for easy study with knowledge checks along the way to ensure you are learning and applying teaching concepts.
- Videos of full-length live chair yoga classes as well as short video vignettes that reinforce learning concepts.
- Field Trip Report – Venture out into your community to observe and document Seniors postures, movement patterns and personal interactions.
- One-hour final teachback to ensure you have embraced the key concepts of the course and can provide a safe and effective Chair Yoga class for Seniors.
- Self-paced, self-study. No course deadline.
- Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
Detailed and Illustrated Training Manual
500+ Page Full Color Training Manual in Downloadable PDF format.
- Anatomy and Physiology of each Condition
- Causes and Symptoms
- Movement Guidelines – (do’s and don’t)
- Comprehensive Yoga Pose Library: Recommended Yoga Poses/Sequences (with modifications )
- Learning Lab Video Vignettes: Yoga Pose video vignettes of each Yoga pose in the specific module.
Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
Overview of the Chair Yoga Certification Program
This 15 minute presentation will tell you everything you need to know about the 60 hour Chair Yoga Training program where you can earn Yoga Alliance CEUs. Ready to start on the best journey of your life to help serve our Seniors?
Chair Yoga Class Library
Learning Comes to Life!
The workshop material comes to life with a library of Chair Yoga classes filmed at Sherry’s Yoga Studio with a roomful of Boomers, Seniors and people in Wheelchairs. You will learn special adaptations, specific cues and sequencing to bring into your group Yoga classes or private student sessions.
Sherry Zak Morris, C-IAYT
Sherry is the Co-Founder and Director of the Yoga Vista Academy and has a proven track record for empowering and igniting passion for 50+ yoga and wellness. She presented on her Gentle, Senior and Chair Yoga Specialty many times at the annual Yoga Alliance Conference, the professional and trade association of the Yoga world. Sherry is a mentoree of the Mary Cavanaugh and Indra Devi lineage. Her Gentle, Senior and Chair Yoga course curriculum and certification programs have hundreds of graduates across the globe and help ensure Yoga is accessible to people of all ages and stages of life. Featured in the Costco Connection for wellness innovation and a recognized online global yoga blogger, Sherry is a versatile business leader passionate about Actively Aging. As a seasoned wellness entrepreneur, she is the CEO and Founder of YogaJP, an internationally-recognized brand of Yoga and Wellness DVDs and popular YouTube Channel for Yoga for the 50+ market.